Sunday, May 12, 2013

Busy Busy

I had originally been planning on making a colonial Salem, Massachusetts outfit for the literature challenge in the Historical Sew Fortnightly. I live in Salem and my mother is intensely interested by the Salem Witch Trials, so I grew up knowing all the stories and lore. It's an ambitious project that would take every bit of my two weeks before the challenge up, what with having to research the types of clothing they would wear, finding suitable fabric, patterning things out mostly on my own and then sewing multiple pieces together. It's a project I don't think is possible anymore.

I just recently received my very first professional commission through my job at Frightful Acts! Over the next few days I have to quickly as possible sew together a complicated multi-layered costume. The Salem outfit will have to be put on hold until it is done. I'm trying to decide if I want to make at least a layer of the Salem costume for the challenge and leave the rest for who knows when, or if I want to pick a new project all together - a much smaller project. Anyone have suggestions for a quick sew literature dress?

No comments:

Post a Comment